Here are some steps to making a basic slime without borax:
- spoon or stirring rod
- white glue (preferably Elmer’s)
- baking soda
- contact lenses solution
- food colouring (optional)
- Pour in your desired amount of glue and a bit of water into the container. The amount of water I pour in is usually 1/5 the amount of glue.
- Put a pinch of baking soda and 3 drops of solution into the container. Mix. Keep adding pinches of baking soda and 3 drops of solution until the mixture begins to thicken and come off the sides of the container.
- Once you can touch the mixture without it sticking too much to your hands, start kneading. I just start stretching it and playing around with it in small batches, and it comes together nicely.
- You can add food colouring if you’d like. And there you are! Now you have a borax-free slime that should be very stretchy and fun to play with. If you let the slime settle in a container for a few days, it turns super glossy!